- #77 Sam Levey: MMT For Mainstream Economists And Mobilisation Theory (part 2)
- #76 Sam Levey: MMT For Mainstream Economists And Mobilisation Theory (part 1)
- #75 Neil Wilson & Phil Armstrong: In Conversation
- #74 Robert Hockett: Spreading The Fed & Why Wicksell Matters (part 2)
- #73 Robert Hockett: Spreading The Fed & Why Wicksell Matters (part 1)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- New Laws of Robotics with Frank Pasquale
- Superstructure: Reading Jacobin from the Left
- Superstructure: Abolitionism: What is and What Could Be with Dan Berger
- Public Money, Public Media with Victor Pickard
- Superstructure: Why MMT?
Monthly Archives: December 2010
A simple budget game! Here is an example to help you think about all of this economic jargon. The concepts are simple and the numbers are small which makes it easy to understand and relate to (thanks to Warren Mosler … Continue reading
Understanding why governments issue debt The fundamental principles that arise in a fiat monetary system are as follows. The central bank sets the short-term interest rate based on its policy aspirations. Government spending is independent of borrowing which the latter … Continue reading
Understanding why governments tax In a fiat monetary system the currency has no intrinsic worth. Further the government has no intrinsic financial constraint. Once we realise that government spending is not revenue-constrained then we have to analyse the functions of … Continue reading