December 2020 S M T W T F S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- #77 Sam Levey: MMT For Mainstream Economists And Mobilisation Theory (part 2)
- #76 Sam Levey: MMT For Mainstream Economists And Mobilisation Theory (part 1)
- #75 Neil Wilson & Phil Armstrong: In Conversation
- #74 Robert Hockett: Spreading The Fed & Why Wicksell Matters (part 2)
- #73 Robert Hockett: Spreading The Fed & Why Wicksell Matters (part 1)
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- New Laws of Robotics with Frank Pasquale
- Superstructure: Reading Jacobin from the Left
- Superstructure: Abolitionism: What is and What Could Be with Dan Berger
- Public Money, Public Media with Victor Pickard
- Superstructure: Why MMT?
Tag Archives: Argentina
In April 1991, Argentina adopted a rigid peg of the peso to the dollar and guaranteed convertibility under this arrangement. That is, the central bank stood by to convert pesos into dollars at the hard peg. The choice was nonsensical … Continue reading
Russia is another victim of a pegged currency and the financialisation of its economy. I took some notes at the time the Russian government defaulted which go like this. After the breakdown of the Soviet Union they made their first … Continue reading
Zimbabwe is the new Weimar Republic. Not! Zimbabwe is the front-line evidence that shows that government deficits will generate hyper-inflation. Not! Zimbabwe is the demonstration of the folly of a fiat monetary system. Not! Zimbabwe is an African country with … Continue reading